Afternoon upland bird hunt
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR Cupped Wings Afternoon Upland Bird Hunt
- If you are one of those people who do not wish to hang out at the Lodge in the afternoons enjoying the amenities like skeet shooting, shooting pool or throwing darts, you can add a Guided Afternoon Upland Bird Hunt on a Private Game Reserve. The add-on afternoon hunts do have to be reserved ahead of time. We do not allow last second add on hunts at the lodge.
- After the morning waterfowl hunt, you will head back to the Lodge to enjoy some lunch. If you have reserved an Afternoon Upland Bird Hunt, you will head out to the Private Game Reserve hunting grounds between 2-3 PM with your guide.
- You do not have to be doing the All Inclusive hunt package to add-on an afternoon hunt. Groups that are doing the Guided Hunt only may also reserve spots for the add-on Afternoon Hunts. Please note that Lodge amenities, food and bird processing are reserved for those hunters that booked the All Inclusive Package.
- We hunt Pheasants, Quail & Chukar Partridge on a Private Game Reserve. The birds are flight conditioned and we offer Northern Style Flushing and European Style shoots. You can expect on the combination upland hunt to have a mixed bag of (8-10 Quail, 5-8 Chukar & 3-5 Pheasants) per person per hunt.
- Plan on bringing good hiking boots as you will be doing a lot of walking & hiking each day to hunt Upland Birds. If you have physical disabilities that prevent you from walking 1-3 miles per day, please let us know ahead of time and we can work with you on the set up and/or provide a side-by-side, ATV/UTV’s for your assistance.
- Our goal is to make sure everyone has an opportunity to kill all 3 species of upland birds and enjoy a true upland bird hunting experience! After the hunt you will be escorted by your guide back to the private reserve club house where we will log, clean, bag & label the days birds in order for you to legally transport back to your home. After the birds are processed you will head back to the main lodge where supper will be cooking.
- We also offer optional add-on Afternoon Goose Hunt. If you prefer to hunt waterfowl only on your Arkansas Duck Hunting trip, check out the details on the add-on Afternoon Goose Hunt.
A few other afternoon activities to enjoy in the area:
- Plan on visiting the Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center located in Memphis, TN. Along the banks of the Mississippi River it is only 25 minutes from our Gilmore lodge. And 1 hr 15 min from our Augusta lodge. It is Bass Pro Shops largest superstore. It features a treasury of duck hunting history and memorabilia. The Memphis Pyramid converted into the worlds largest wildlife interactive museum. Focusing on raising awareness of wetlands and waterfowl conservation. Emphasizing the importance of rivers and wetlands to society. Illustrating the role that hunters play in conserving wildlife habitat and waterfowl resources. Its a must see if you are going to be in AR hunting with us this season!
- If you are a waterfowl fanatic like most of us, you will definitely want to check out DNW Outdoors in Jonesboro, AR. It is about a 30 minute drive from our Gilmore lodge and about a 1 hr 10 min drive from our Augusta lodge. You can also check out the world famous Mack's Prairie Wings. Mack's is about a 1 hr drive from our Augusta lodge and 2 hr drive from our Gilmore lodge.
- You can also take a short drive to several National Wildlife Refuges in the Area. Lake Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge has a great viewing platform. It can hold over 1,000,000 birds during certain times during the migration. We recommend taking a camera and going to watch sunset from the viewing platform. The Cache River National Wildlife Refuge has a nice viewing tower. You can watch the sunset and millions of waterfowl from the viewing platform. Bald Knob National Wildlife Refuge is the largest staging area in Arkansas for Northern Pintails. There are roads and trails throughout the refuge to view waterfowl.
This is your Arkansas Duck Hunting Vacation! Enjoy it!