AFTERNOON goose Hunt
What To Expect On Your Cupped Wings Guided Afternoon goose hunt
- If you are one of those people who do not wish to hang out at the Lodge in the afternoons enjoying the amenities like skeet shooting, shooting pool or throwing darts, you can add a Guided Afternoon Goose Hunt for Specks & Snows. The add-on afternoon hunts do have to be reserved ahead of time. We do not allow last second add on hunts at the lodge. If you are doing a guided hunt only or self guided hunt and have added on the guided afternoon goose hunt you will head out and grab lunch on your own and plan on meeting the guide for the afternoon goose hunt at a predetermined location near the goose grounds.
- After the morning waterfowl hunt, you will head back to the Lodge to enjoy some lunch if you have reserved the all-inclusive hunt. If you have reserved an Afternoon Goose Hunt, you will head back out to the goose hunting grounds between 2-3 PM with your guide or if you are a non all-inclusive hunter you will meet the guide near the goose hunting grounds between 2-3 PM.
- We will be hunting over full body, Speck and Snow goose decoys along with wind socks and silhouettes. We typically hunt out of layout blinds in dry field environments or may hunt out of a duck & goose pits and or Avian-X A-Frame blinds in a flooded agricultural field.
- The afternoon goose hunt will end right at legal sunset. If you are an all-inclusive hunter you will be escorted by your guide back to the lodge where supper will be cooking. If you are a guided hunt only or self guided hunter you will head back to your lodging accommodations and plan to meet up with your guide for the next mornings duck hunt.
- If you are doing an afternoon goose hunt, we recommend having some rubber knee boots if you have them and using either BB or #1 shot for geese.
- Our goal is to make sure everyone has an opportunity to kill their limits. And enjoy a great afternoon Arkansas goose hunt. Your guides will also log, clean, bag, label and freeze your birds so you can transport back to your home state.
- We typically only run 1 group per day for the afternoon goose hunt. Group size will NOT be limited to just your group. We do mix groups for the afternoon goose hunt. Generally you can expect there to be anywhere from 8-10 hunters hunting on the afternoon goose hunts.
- We also offer optional add-on Afternoon Upland Bird Hunts on a Private Game Reserve. Check out the details on the Afternoon Upland Bird Hunt if you would like to enjoy a different hunting experience with your group.
A few other afternoon activities to enjoy in the area:
- Plan on visiting the Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center located in Memphis, TN. Along the banks of the Mississippi River it is only 25 minutes from our Gilmore lodge. And 1 hr 15 min from our Augusta lodge. It is Bass Pro Shops largest superstore. It features a treasury of duck hunting history and memorabilia. The Memphis Pyramid converted into the worlds largest wildlife interactive museum. Focusing on raising awareness of wetlands and waterfowl conservation. Emphasizing the importance of rivers and wetlands to society. Illustrating the role that hunters play in conserving wildlife habitat and waterfowl resources. Its a must see if you are going to be in AR hunting with us this season!
- If you are a waterfowl fanatic like most of us, you will definitely want to check out DNW Outdoors in Jonesboro, AR. It is about a 30 minute drive from our Gilmore lodge and about a 1 hr 10 min drive from our Augusta lodge. You can also check out the world famous Mack's Prairie Wings. Mack's is about a 1 hr drive from our Augusta lodge and 2 hr drive from our Gilmore lodge.
- You can also take a short drive to several National Wildlife Refuges in the Area. Lake Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge has a great viewing platform. It can hold over 1,000,000 birds during certain times during the migration. We recommend taking a camera and going to watch sunset from the viewing platform. The Cache River National Wildlife Refuge has a nice viewing tower. You can watch the sunset and millions of waterfowl from the viewing platform. Bald Knob National Wildlife Refuge is the largest staging area in Arkansas for Northern Pintails. There are roads and trails throughout the refuge to view waterfowl.
This is your Arkansas Duck Hunting Vacation! Enjoy it!