All Inclusive Conservation goose hunt
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR All Inclusive conservation goose hunt
- You will arrive at the duck lodge anytime after 6:00 PM CDT the evening before your hunt begins.
- Any remaining balances that have not been paid should be paid upon arrival via cash only. Checks and credit cards cannot be accepted on-site.
- Everyone in your group will be required to sign a release of liability waiver prior to hunting.
- The lodge will be fully furnished and can lodge up to 16 hunters in your group. You will be responsible for bringing your own food, drinks, snacks, etc. During the Conservation Goose Season we do not have a full time cook that stays at the lodge however all kitchen supplies (pots, pans, utensils, plates, bowls, etc.) are already there. There is also a grill for grilling your own food. We do have the option to reserve the entire lodge for just your hunting group, in order to have the entire lodge to yourselves there is a 10 person minimum and must be booked prior to anyone else reserving those dates.
- The next morning your Guide will meet you at the lodge and you will follow behind in your trucks to the hunting grounds. Depending on which farm we will be hunting plan on heading out between 3 – 5 AM CDT. Due to the nature of chasing snow geese, we may be hunting 5 minutes from our lodge or 1.5 hours from the lodge, it just depends on where our scouts and guides find the best feeds or traffic areas for birds in our area. We do our best to stay on good consistent shooting so that may mean driving to where the birds what to be.
- You will be driven by ATV/UTV from the parking areas on our farms to the hunting spots by your guides.Your guide will provide all of the decoys, layout blinds, A-Frame blinds and electronic callers however with the large # of decoys required to hunt snow geese you may need to help set up field decoys in the morning.
- You are welcome to bring your own retriever if you have at least 4 hunters in your group. Our goal is to make sure everyone has an opportunity to kill as many geese as possible and enjoy a true Arkansas snow goose hunting experience! Generally during conservation goose season, you can expect to have between 8-14 hunters in a hunting party.
- After the hunt you will be escorted by your guide back to the Hunting Lodge. We do not provide bird cleaning / processing services during the conservation goose season. You are welcome to clean and keep as many of your geese as you would like or our guides can donate them to needy families in the area.
- During the conservation goose season, there is no limit on Snows, Blues & Ross geese. Light geese aren’t only a nuisance to Arkansas farmers, they have become so abundant, they are destroying their nesting grounds in the Arctic Tundra and Boreal Forest. Not only are the geese eating themselves out of house and home, they’re destroying critical habitat for other species that share the Tundra. Biologists can conduct eradication efforts to balance the population, but do so only as a last resort. Increased hunting opportunity is the first wildlife management tool biologists turn to, because it costs very little to implement and is much more socially accepted than other population control measures. The conservation order is designed so hunters can reduce Snow, Blue and Ross goose numbers through increased harvest. Because of the extreme need for more harvest, many waterfowl hunting regulations are relaxed during the order.
- Hunting is allowed from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.
Here at Cupped Wings we hunt from 30 minutes before legal sunrise to about noon each day. We generally do not guide afternoon goose hunts because our guides are scouting or preparing for the next days hunt. However in extreme weather conditions (like thunderstorms) we may opt to start the hunt later in the day and hunt through the afternoon.
There is no daily bag limit or possession limit.
Hunters may use unplugged shotguns.
Hunters may use electronic calls.
No federal or state waterfowl stamps are required to hunt during the conservation order.
Hunters must have a valid hunting license, but it may be from any state.
Steel shot only! We recommend BB or #1 shot.
- All hunters participating in the conservation order must get a free registration permit number by calling (800) 364-4263 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- We do not offer evening guided hunts however if Weather Conditions prevent a safe hunt in the morning, then we will hunt the afternoon until sunset.
- Each evening, your guides will head out to scout or start preparing for the next days hunt. You can plan on either hanging out at the lodge or there are several nearby attractions that clients enjoy checking out.
Things to check out while you are in town:
Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center - It is about 1 hr 15 min away from the McCrory lodge and about a 30 min drive from the Gilmore Lodge. It is Bass Pro Shops largest superstore featuring a treasury of duck hunting history and memorabilia. The Memphis Pyramid has been converted into the largest wildlife interactive museum focusing on raising awareness of wetlands and waterfowl conservation, emphasizing the importance of rivers wetlands to society. They illustrate the role hunters play in conserving wildlife habitat and the waterfowl resources. Its a must see if you are going to be in AR hunting with us this year!
DNW Outdoors - Located in Jonesboro, AR it has everything a duck or goose hunter would want.
Mack's Prairie Wings - Located about 1 hr south of our Mcrory Lodge and about 2 hrs from our Gilmore Lodge.
- When you are at the Cupped Wing Guide Service Lodge, make yourself at home. This is your Arkansas Goose Hunting Vacation! Enjoy it!