Self-Guided Timber Hunt
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR Arkansas Self Guided Timber Hunt
- You will meet a Cupped Wings Guide the afternoon before the morning of your hunt at a predetermined location near the hunting grounds.
- Remaining balances are due in cash ONLY day of arrival. We do not accept credit cards or checks day of arrival.
- Everyone in your group will sign a release of liability waiver before hunting.
- If you have more than 6 people in your group, Contact Us to talk about other options for your group.
- Your guide will escort you to the hunting grounds. Not all timber holes have blinds in them, so be prepared to stand in water if necessary. Not all timber holes require a boat or 4 wheeler to access, so prior to your trip, you will communicate with your guide to determine if you need to bring a 4 wheeler, side-by-side or a duck boat.
- Because water levels change with changing Weather patterns is is important to stay in contact with us before your trip to determine if just a ATV or boat will be necessary. We cannot control weather conditions and at times prolonged subfreezing temperatures will cause the timber holes to ice over. You are welcome to break ice, run Ice Eaters or Mallard Machines to keep a hole open or hunt full body decoys over the ice or move to another hunting location such as a dry or flooded agricultural field (rice, bean, corn or millet). We do not offer refunds due to subfreezing weather conditions.
- Decoys are not provided. We recommend bringing anywhere from 50 to 100 decoys for your spread. You are welcome to leave decoys out overnight in your timber hole, however we are not responsible for any equipment or decoys left in the woods overnight.
- Our timber holes that we lease kill 400-700 birds on average per year. These are proven killing holes with a lot of success. We do not allow hunting after 3 PM CDT on any of our farms. We do this to ensure quality shooting throughout the season. Many of our farms are roosting holes and will roost anywhere from 5K to 10K birds every evening. We hunt our timber on a rotation. When you arrive your timber hole will have had at least 3 days or more rest. As any knowledgeable duck hunter knows, if you shoot the roost in the evening, the birds that are using that area will leave and NOT come back! All shooting must end by 3 PM CDT.
- You are welcome to bring your retrieving dog and any Motion Decoys like mallard machines or Spinning Wing Decoys if you would like. Please note that we strictly enforce a 10 mph speed limit on the levy roads, field rows and while boating in the timber throughout our farms. These are private holes, so you do NOT need to beat anyone to the hole.
- Note: + $200 per person per day for each additional hunter over 6 persons.