Guided Duck Hunt
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR Arkansas guided duck hunt
- Please plan to arrive the afternoon before your fist morning hunt if possible to meet up and sign release of liability forms and set up a game plan for the next day.
- Remaining balances that have not been paid are due in cash only day of arrival. We do not accept checks and credit cards day of arrival.
- You will meet your Guide the morning of your hunt 1 hr before legal shooting light at either the duck lodge or at a predetermined location near the hunting grounds.
- You will follow behind in your own vehicle to the hunting grounds.
- Your guide will provide the ATV/UTV/boat and all necessary hunting equipment. He will also transport you and your group to and from the blinds.
- We hunt a wide variety of properties. We hunt flooded timber, agricultural fields, cypress lakes, sloughs, willow bottoms and rivers. Your guide will be scouting every afternoon to put you in the best possible place for a successful hunt. Many of our spots do NOT need waders to hunt, but if you want to have the most flexibility, bring your waders. You cannot stand in flooded timber without waders.
- Your guide will provide all the decoys, hunting dog and will be an accomplished caller. Don’t take this to mean you are not welcome to call also or bring your own dog. You are welcome to dust off that duck call and help work in ducks! If you are a beginner, your guides are happy to help teach you a few tricks of the trade.
- Our goal is to make sure everyone has an opportunity to kill their limits. And enjoy a true Arkansas duck hunting experience!
- We do not offer evening guided duck hunts. We do offer optional add-on Afternoon Upland Bird Hunts on a private game reserve or an Afternoon Goose Hunt for Specks and Snows.
- Each evening, your guides will head out to scout for the next days hunt. He will call you later in the evening to give you the game plan for the next days hunt. In the afternoons, there are several nearby attractions that clients enjoy checking out.
- Plan on visiting the Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center located in Memphis, TN. Along the banks of the Mississippi River it is only 25 minutes from our Gilmore lodge. And 1 hr 15 min from our Augusta lodge. It is Bass Pro Shops largest superstore. It features a treasury of duck hunting history and memorabilia. The Memphis Pyramid converted into the worlds largest wildlife interactive museum. Focusing on raising awareness of wetlands and waterfowl conservation. Emphasizing the importance of rivers and wetlands to society. Illustrating the role that hunters play in conserving wildlife habitat and waterfowl resources. Its a must see if you are going to be in AR hunting with us this season!
- If you are a waterfowl fanatic like most of us, you will definitely want to check out DNW Outdoors in Jonesboro, AR. It is about a 30 minute drive from our Gilmore lodge and about a 1 hr 10 min drive from our Augusta lodge. You can also check out the world famous Mack's Prairie Wings. Mack's is about a 1 hr drive from our Augusta lodge and 2 hr drive from our Gilmore lodge.
- You can also take a short drive to several National Wildlife Refuges in the Area. Lake Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge has a great viewing platform. It can hold over 1,000,000 birds during certain times during the migration. We recommend taking a camera and going to watch sunset from the viewing platform. The Cache River National Wildlife Refuge has a nice viewing tower. You can watch the sunset and millions of waterfowl from the viewing platform. Bald Knob National Wildlife Refuge is the largest staging area in Arkansas for Northern Pintails. There are roads and trails throughout the refuge to view waterfowl.
- Tips are customary and much appreciated if you feel your guides worked hard to give you the best possible Arkansas duck hunting experience.
- This is your Arkansas Duck Hunting Vacation! Enjoy it!